A common misconception in India is that a dishwasher as an appliance is not worth it because it’s more of a hassle cleaning the leftovers and placing them inside the unit.
People are under the impression that it’s more of an inconvenience than an advantage. However, the reality is far more different than we think.
Cleaning the utensils with hands consumes a large amount of water and effort. Additionally, in terms of hygiene, a dishwasher gives you utensils that are free from germs, viruses, and bacterias. The reason being, it heats the water at around 60-70 degrees which we can’t really do while cleaning with our hands.
So, this is the utmost point that speaks for itself, making the appliance a value for money. Bosch dishwashers are the best trending in the market, and today we are going to discuss the difference between SMS60l18IN & SMS60l12IN, which are their top models currently.
That said, I decided to come up with a detailed comparison and difference between Bosch SMS60l18IN vs SMS60l12IN dishwashers in India.
This section is for people who are directly looking for recommendations for the best among these two models.
Though both the products are almost similar and there’s no significant difference which can affect the buying decision.
The only thing is that the appliance should have an increased lifespan and provide great performance without any interruption.
Keeping all these aspects in mind, I recommend buying this particular brand on Amazon. This is the model that I found the most reliable and is worth every penny you spend.
And if you love spending on a premium brand and features, this particular model would certainly be a great fit.
Detailed Comparison – SMS60l18IN vs SMS60l12IN
With the launching of both these models, Bosch decided to make modifications in features, build quality, design, price, and other aspects to make it with utmost precision according to Indian households.
It’s been around 5 years since the launch of both models. Earlier, only high-class families used to purchase this appliance; however, even a middle-class family has this effective appliance.
As discussed, Indian vessels are huge in size and shape in a very odd size. Additionally, there are many spices, oils, and acidic ingredients used in preparing dishes. Hence, it takes a bit of effort to clean, and a dishwasher is extremely efficient in performing the job.
Feature Similarities of both Models
- Both these dishwashers utilize approximately 10 Litres of water, while a regular hand wash takes around 50 Litres of water. A dishwasher is hygienic as it washes through hot water, and you get dry and clean utensils in just around 59 minutes.
- If you are a family of 4-5 members, then both these models will be suitable for you as they come up with a 12 place setting. The dedicated cutlery box is adjustable where you can place the glass-related utensils.
- The settings of this dishwasher are easy, so you can easily adjust the time and water temperature settings at your convenience. It also comes with an intensive kadhai feature which is specially designed for Indian utensils as the water temperature goes as high as 70 degrees for these heavy-duty tasks.
- You will also get access to a digital display that shows the wash cycle’s time remaining and temperature status. Like the other models, it performs a silent yet effective cleaning process, thanks to its eco silence drive technology.
Difference between SMS60l18IN & SMS60l12IN
- The very first difference between these models is the weight. The SMS60l12IN model has a weight of 46 Kg, while the SMS60l18IN model weighs 43 KG 500 Gram.
- Another key difference is the water consumption of both these models. The SMS60l18IN consumes approximately 10 Litres during a wash cycle, whereas the SMS60l12IN model consumes 13 Litres of water. However, this isn’t considered a significant difference as a couple of liters hardly matters.
- Additionally, there’s a difference in the color and coating of both these models. The SMS60l12IN is manufactured of iron with white powder coating, whereas the 18IN is of steel and comes with a silver finishing.
- Lastly, there’s a considerable amount of price difference in both these models. At the time of writing the review, the 18IN is priced around 10K higher than 121N.
Suggested Read – Bosch vs IFB Washing Machine
How to use a Bosch Dishwasher & is it worth it in an Indian kitchen?
The answer is a big yes; I believe the invention of the dishwasher is the most efficient only in Indian kitchens where you get to see many different dishes.
These large odd-shaped vessels, after cooking, get greasy and oil sticky. Now, while cleaning them by hand, it increases your efforts by almost double.
That’s where you can use this great appliance, you will just have to remove the excess food and place the utensils in the dishwasher, and you are all set.
In just around 50-60 minutes, you get the utensils evenly clean, shining, and dry without any manual intervention. You can also refer to the video below and see how a dishwasher works.
Which one should you go with?
Looking at the differences and similarities of features, price, and reliability, I suggest you buy SMS60l12IN. The reason being, it is economical and includes all the necessary features a dishwasher should have.
Now, the SMS60l18IN comes at a high price, and the features are almost the same. If you are someone who gives importance to design and aesthetics, you can surely opt for this one.
There you have it, our detailed review and comparison of Bosch SMS60l18IN vs SMS60l12IN. Since both are precisely the same with just a minor difference, you can surely opt for any of them.
I hope this guide helped you choose a suitable dishwasher for your kitchen. In case of any doubts or queries, feel free to mention them in the comment section below.