If we talk about Indian culture, our cooking involves many masalas, oils, and different ghees to make a fried dish.
Now, these tadkas indeed make the food delicious and mouth-watering. However, its fumes can easily be spread in the entire house.
There are different types of gases & smokes released by the pressure cooker or gas hob stove. The oil smoke also gets released from the Kadai and can stick to the ceilings & walls, messing up your kitchen.
That said, Indian kitchens need an efficient ventilation process to get rid of these harmful and damaging gases.
Over the years, people used to try various methods for ventilation such as exhaust fans and windows; however, nowadays, kitchen chimneys are resulting in highly efficient ventilation.
Many brands in the market claim to provide the best service, such as Glen, Elica, Kaff, Faber, Hindware, etcetera. So, as you have decided to choose within these couple of brands, I’m going to make this super easy.
Elica and Faber are among the top & reliable brands in the market, and you have indeed selected the best in business. And now, since you are looking to shortlist one of them, I’ll make sure this article helps you make the right choice.
So, further, I will share the detailed comparison and difference between Faber vs Elica kitchen chimney. The pros, cons, features and user reviews for both of them.
Let’s dive right in…
- Overview – Elica vs Faber – Which one should you go with?
- Elica vs Faber Chimneys – Compared
- Models to Consider
- 1) Faber 90 cm 1350 m³/HR Chimney
- 2) Elica Auto Clean Chimney
- 3) Faber Hood 60 cm 1000 m³
- 4) Elica 60 cm 1425 m3/hr Filterless Chimney
- Aspects to Consider Before you Buy a Chimney
- Frequently Asked Questions
Overview – Elica vs Faber – Which one should you go with?
A kitchen chimney is not that economical that you can replace it every couple of years. It is a sort of investment one makes, and it should certainly work for years with the best performance.
Not only this, but you need to check the service technicians and service centres availability at your location. The reason being, some of the brands have service centres located far from the location resulting in delaying of service.
Some of them become inconsistent after the product gets sold, so these things should most certainly be considered before you make a final call.
Faber is the most reputed and reliable chimney brand in the market. As per the reports of the last couple of years, they have been the most selling kitchen chimney brand.
Elica, on the other hand, comes with competitive prices; their products are priced less than Faber. However, Faber’s products are still worth it as they use high-quality materials, and their products have increased lifespan. Additionally, they have way more designs as compared to Kaff & Elica.
If you are short of time and directly looking for the recommendation or, in case, if I had to recommend only the best class appliance of the entire article, then this particular model of Faber would be the best option. It will work excellently for the majority of the Indian household.
At the same time, if you are looking for a powerful suction capacity chimney for your kitchen, then this excellent model by Elica is worth it.
Both of the above recommendations are auto clean chimneys. The only drawback I feel about these auto clean models is that they are very noisy, especially if you turn it on the full speed.
If you are looking for noiseless operation chimneys, then you can also refer to silent kitchen chimneys in India.
Since I have shared my recommendation, let’s now proceed further to the comparison article.
Elica vs Faber Chimneys – Compared
Almost all other brands have their plants outside India. In fact, they are entirely based outside India. However, Elica and Faber have their manufacturing plants in India, and they are prevalent in the Indian market.
That said, choosing any of them would not result in serviceability issues.
Majority of the people planning to buy any kitchen appliance indeed discuss Elica and Faber brands as they are entirely reliable.
After Sales Service
Faber offers hassle-free and exceptional post-sales service
Elica lacks in post-sales service as you can see the user reviews as well
Faber offers some silent operation chimneys; however, they aren't as good as Elica.
Elica offers a wide range of models with highly silent operation
Auto Clean Technology
Faber offers auto-clean feature in most of their models
Just like Faber, elica offers unique series of models offering auto-clean technology.
Faber chimneys are priced higher because of the quality.
Elica chimneys come at a comparatively lower price.
Comes with a maximum suction power of 1500 cubic meters per hour.
Comes with a maximum suction power of 1425 cubic meters per hour.
Most of their models have five years on motor and one year overall.
Same as Faber
There isn’t a very significant difference when comparing these chimneys; however, the little we have can undoubtedly impact the buying decision.
- The first thing that I’d like to mention and is highly crucial is the noiseless and silent range of chimneys that they provide.
- As discussed above, Indian kitchens become noisy while cooking and chimneys make noise, especially at their maximum speeds.
- Hence, if you are looking for a noiseless operation in the kitchen chimney, you should undoubtedly opt for Elica without an iota of doubt.
- Also, in terms of pricing, there isn’t a very high price difference among these models. You can get an Elica chimney with comparatively less price than Faber with the same features.
- As per the reviews, people go with Elica as they manufacture a wide range of products at highly affordable prices. You have the option to choose among many designs.
- You can also get an extended warranty on the appliance from Elica. Honestly, Elica is rated less than Faber when it comes to after-sales service and centres.
Lastly, if you have budget constraints and are looking for the best quality and reliability, then you should go with this brand.
Faber claims to be the top brand, but is it really the best brand in the kitchen appliance segment? Let’s find out.
- The topmost advantage of purchasing Faber is that they provide the most extended warranty than Elica and all other brands.
- Some of their products come with around more than 11-12 years and lifetime.
- Another best part is, they are highly rated when it comes to service technicians and after-sales service. Users are happy with their prompt service, and spare parts get replaced even quicker.
- Just like I mentioned, Indian kitchens need efficient ventilation because of the extra gases and smokes.
- Hence, in some of their models, Faber features a combination of three baffle filters and a robust suction power motor which is precisely what our kitchens need.
- Talking about noise, the Faber chimney also comes with the noiseless operation; however, they aren’t as good as Elica. I would still say people primarily focused on getting silent chimneys should opt for Elica.
- Their representatives are available to install the chimney; however, many people tend to install it by any local technician, and I won’t recommend it.
- The reason being, their service technicians are well trustworthy. Additionally, they are well equipped and will activate the warranty right at the time of installation.
- Lastly, I would say if you are looking to invest in a premium, stylish and reliable brand, then Faber would be an ideal choice for you.
I understand that there’s a price difference; however, that’s only a one-time investment and looking at the quality and overall performance. It’s certainly worth it.
Recommended – Best Kitchen Chimney & Hob Combos
Models to Consider
Now that we have discussed the advantages and disadvantages of both the brands. I’ll now recommend some of their best models that you can consider.
Number one, we have an excellent model from Faber; it is highly rated and trending currently. It comes with a bunch of valuable features; let’s go through them.
The first and foremost advantage is that this chimney performs a silent operation giving you a calm environment in your kitchen. You can now focus on your cooking tasks without any disturbance.
The appliance is straightforward and easy to use. You will get access to 3+1 speed settings, and the button for light is dedicated.
So, you get separate buttons for speed as well as light.
Most importantly, the chimney has a suction power of 1350m which is pretty high and will quickly absorb the smokes and fumes.
The three-layer patent baffle filter is specially designed for Indian cooking as it contains a heavy quantity of oil.
What it does is, it allows vapours to chop and suddenly change directions which results in separating grease particles efficiently.
This filter is manufactured of top-notch quality stainless steel, which increases its lifespan. You can easily clean it as it is dishwasher safe, or you can choose to clean it by hand as well.
Lastly, you get a one year warranty on the overall product and ten years on the motor. Let’s now proceed further.
What are its benefits?
- Silent Operation
- High Suction Power
- Highly Rated
- Brand Reliability
- 3 Layer baffle filter
- Three-way suction scoops out the smoke quickly
- 3+1 speed settings
- Power-efficient led lights
- Value for money
What are the drawbacks?
- It is one of the most expensive models of Faber.
The elegantly designed elica chimney comes with free installation. It is one of the most reliable auto clean chimney models.
Cleaning the filters can surely be a challenging task as it should be handled with care.
Hence, this model comes with a heat auto clean technology that keeps the chimney clean. You will have to press the auto clean button, and rest it will take care.
The process of this heat auto clean works to make use of a heating element that first removes impurities and oil particles in a separate box.
The led lights equipped in the chimney are highly power efficient. They are a couple of LED ones that provide excellent brightness.
People opt for this product as its unique selling point because it has a gorgeous, attractive design that will upscale the beauty of your kitchen.
The touch panel will help you provide access to the settings of the chimney. You can easily modify and change speed and light settings.
If you have area concern in your kitchen, then it would be the right fit for you. The reason being, its dimension is pretty less and can be easily mounted in any kitchen size.
What are its benefits?
- Competitively priced model
- Touch control panel for easy access to settings
- Elegant design
- Compact dimension, a good fit for any kitchen size
- High suction power
- Excellent after-sales service
- Reliable brand
- High quality led lights
- Easy to operate and clean
- The ideal value for the money
What are the drawbacks?
- Installation cost is not entirely free.
And the second recommendation of Faber is another excellent model which has almost the same features. However, the suction power is slightly less in this one.
You will get access to a total of four buttons with this chimney. You can access the light with one of them, whereas the other four are for speed settings.
As we discussed in the previous model wherein the suction speed for 1300, however with this one, the suction speed is still high to quickly get rid of smoke and odour.
The noise level in this model is significantly less, making sure of a calm environment in your kitchen. You can now focus on making dishes without any sort of disturbance.
It consists of 2 high quality led bulbs that ensure the perfect amount of lighting while you cook. Additionally, these bulbs are highly energy efficient.
Faber features top-notch quality stainless steel baffle filters that help absorb all residue particles, oil and smoke. It doesn’t require frequent cleaning as well.
Lastly, it comes with a comprehensive warranty of one year and an extended 12 years of warranty on the motor.
What are its benefits?
- Performs an excellent job
- Excellent build and design
- It is effortless to clean baffle filters
- Maximizes airflow in the kitchen by removing smoke and gases efficiently
- Silent operation and convenient push buttons
- Highly power-efficient led lights
What are the drawbacks?
- The plastic hose might need frequent replacement.
Last up we have Elica, a popular one because of its fantastic design and build quality. Let us discuss some of its features.
It is equipped with the latest motion sensor feature, which works differently altogether.
When your hand moves the right-hand side, it will increase the speed. Moving the hand on the left speed will result in the reduction of speed.
The chimney consists of a separate oil collector, which collects oil and other residues in that dedicated box. Now, this box is made of stainless steel top-notch quality material.
Regarding the power, the product comes with a suction capacity of 1425, which is excellent and keeps the kitchen fresh at all times.
Additionally, it doesn’t make noise and is easy to maintain.
And like all the models which we discussed above comes with LED lights. The same is the case with this model as well; you will get enough lighting while you cook.
Overall it’s a great option available at the best competitive price. You also get a five-year extended warranty on the motor and one year on the overall product from the date of purchase.
What are its benefits?
- Excellent suction capacity
- Installation kit included
- Striking, elegant design
- Top-notch quality material stainless steel
- High quality led lamps
- Separate oil collector
- Touch control panel for easy accessibility
- Auto clean technology with a heating element
- Motion sensor and filterless technology
What are the drawbacks?
- Charges of the installation are somewhat extra.
- Some reviews stated that the chimney is making commercial-like noise.
Aspects to Consider Before you Buy a Chimney
Sound – You should certainly go with a chimney, making less noise as its sound is very annoying.
Select the right brand – Choosing the right brand will eventually result in inner satisfaction. Initially, you will have to pay extra; however, you would most certainly appreciate it in the long run.
Size – 2-3 feet work well for most Indian households; however, you should check the stove type and the area in your kitchen.
Suction Capacity – If you are a family who tends to cook multiple dishes with the uses of oils and spices, you should certainly go with a higher capacity.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How challenging it is to clean an oil collector?
Cleaning the oil collector of a chimney may sound tedious; however, it isn’t. It is effortless to clean as you can easily remove it. You just have to wipe out all the oil and residue; after that, you can clean it with any detergent powder.
2) What are the advantages of an auto clean chimney?
If you look at the latest models, most of them come with a heating element that auto cleans the filters. The heating element restricts are oily & greasy element to stick to the filters, which affects the lifespan positively. Moreover, you won’t have to clean the filters as it does the job automatically manually.
3) Which are better baffle filters or any other type of filters?
There are multiple reasons people prefer the baffle filter over any other filter. It is crucial for removing oily particles from harmful smoke. It throws the smoke outside while the other oil particles get collected in the oil collector.
4) How frequently should I clean the chimney filters?
Well, there is no fixed process you should follow in cleaning the filters. It actually depends on many factors, such as the amount of dirt and particles it sucks or the smokes collected in the filters. For most people, cleaning the filters once every couple of months works fine. However, if you clean it monthly or every 15 days, it would surely increase the chimney’s lifespan.
This brings me to the end of the detailed difference between elica vs faber kitchen chimney.
We have discussed both the brands in detail with their advantages and disadvantages. Additionally, I have shared some recommended products as well.
In case of any doubts or queries, feel free to mention them in the comment section below. I’ll make sure to come up with a satisfactory resolution as soon as possible.